- 1 - (7-ounce) package flaked coconut, toasted (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 1/4 - cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 - (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2/3 - cup Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1/4 - cup light rum or 1/8 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 - (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 - cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped maraschino cherries, optional
Combine 2 cups coconut and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Chill. In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream of coconut and rum; stir in 1 cup pineapple.
Fold in whipped cream. Pour half the cream mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with ½ cup coconut. Top with remaining cream mixture. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with remaining pineapple, coconut and maraschino cherries if desired.
Tip: To remove torte easily from springform pan, line bottom of pan with parchment paper.